Spin to Break the Cycle!!03.20.2017
Ready to Pedal? On Saturday, April 8th, Spin to Break the Cycle takes over the iconic House of Blues Chicago uniting individuals, corporations and the greater Chicago community as together we help break the cycle and invest in the future of Chicago’s youth - creating stronger, safer, and healthier communities. This high-energy spin (indoor cycling) event raises funds to support World Sport Chicago’s initiatives that leverage the transformative power of sport and play to create change in Chicago.
This event takes over all three floors of the House of Blues Chicago and fills the House of Blues concert hall with 100 spin bikes. Event participants are united as they take part in an emotionally and physically empowering experience:
- TOGETHER WE RIDE to the beat of a DJ’s high-energy music with some of Chicago’s best instructors leading and encouraging participants through every move of an entry-level 40 minute spin (indoor-cycling) workout.
- TOGETHER WE REFRESH after the workout and enjoy complimentary massage, pampering and more in the exclusive Foundation Room.
- TOGETHER WE CELEBRATE the change we are creating and the people who are making that change possible. This special reception features an appetizer buffet, complimentary drinks, games, drawings, a swag bag and more.
Spin to Break the Cycle sponsors and participants take part in more than a memorable fitness event – they join together to make a difference:
Daily the presence and pressures of violence, divide, and poverty impact the health and wellness of our communities and our youth. The perceptions of what is possible are impacted by current circumstances. The joy of today and hope for the future are constrained. This does not need to be our city’s story, we are one Chicago and together we can break the cycle and invest in the future of Chicago’s youth – creating stronger, safer, and healthier communities.
Formed in 2007 as the non-profit legacy organization of Chicago’s bid for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games, World Sport Chicago has a deeply rooted understanding of the way sport and play can help meet these challenges head on.
World Sport Chicago sees every child’s and every community’s potential and has witnessed first-hand the way sport and play can help unlock that potential. In stepping up to the bike, Spin to Break the Cycle participants are helping ensure ALL of Chicago’s youth and ALL of Chicago’s communities have access to the power of sport and play. We are stronger together and together we can make a difference.
Our event would not be possible without the support of sponsors RSG (Ryan Specialty Group), Ariel Investments, bKL Architecture, Cushman & Wakefield, Magellan Development Group LLC, the edgewater funds, Votorantim Cimentos, Prairie Material, Fitness Formula Clubs and NBC Chicago.
Spin to Break the Cycle Breakdown
DATE: Saturday, April 8th
TIME: Doors open at 7:30am with the first session arrives at 8:00am and a new session arriving every hour through 12:00pm. The event ends at 3:00pm.
WHERE: House of Blues Chicago, 329 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Spin Participant Spot is a $25 registration fee per person with a $250 fundraising minimum or it can be outright purchased for $275
- Crew Pass provides access to the event experience minus the workout and is $25!
Hope to see you at the event!
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES: Event hashtag: #wscstrongertogether and #SpintoBreaktheCycle Twitter: @worldsportchi (World Sport Chicago)
Instragram: @worldsportchi Facebook: search: World Sport Chicago or https://www.facebook.com/worldsportchi YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DreamsPlayHere Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreamsplayhere/